Get it? “The Mother Lode”? Because Michael and Lincoln’s mother is trying to take over the Company.
Anyhoo, “Prison Break” is back and I truly wonder if anyone cares. As I was watching this episode, my mind wandered a few times. I wasn’t thinking about anything important, mind you, just a few chores that I have to do around the house. Wash the dishes, take out the garbage, find Scylla…oh wait, I’m supposed to be paying attention to “Prison Break.”
From TV.com’s episode list, it appears that we now have seven hours left, and at this point that seems like a lot of time to fill. But let’s recap (and correct me if I’m wrong):
1. Lincoln, Don, T-Bag and Mahone are in Miami trying to track down Scylla. (Full disclosure: I actually forgot Mahone’s name and had to go to IMDB.com to look it up. How long has it been since the show has been on the air?) They are motivated by the Company’s threats on their loved ones.
2. Christina — Lincoln and Michale’s mom — has Scylla hidden somewhere in greater Miami. She’s trying to take over the Company and claims to have altruistic goals. In short, she claims to be a “good guy,” but when she gives the go-ahead for her sniper to take a shot at Linc, it seems that she’s not so good.
3. Michael and Sara are running around the Arizona/New Mexico/Texas desert. I’m not sure how much treatment Michael received or if his health is still an issue, but there weren’t any nosebleeds in this episode. The truck they were riding in was hijacked by a guy who died just after telling them that he didn’t work for the Company (but didn’t tell them who he does work for, though I’m sure we’re supposed to assume that he works for Christina). How convenient that he would die just before revealing this information…
4. Scylla isn’t a weapon, it’s the secret to unlimited renewable energy.
5. Sucre is off doing God knows what. Gretchen is (supposedly) on her way to jail.
Are we caught up? I hope so.
Christina wants Lincoln to back off for two days so that she has time to remove the General and take over the Company, but based on what Don, Mahone and T-Bag found at the church (guns and access cards), they don’t trust her and that’s why Lincoln returned to the plaza. Understandably, they’re worried about what the Company might do to their loved ones if they don’t retrieve Scylla.
I’m not sure where this is all headed, and I guess that’s a good thing.