Just yesterday, I had the pleasure of being dragged to a showing of the relatively new theatrical release, “Warm Bodies.”
And by dragged, I mean not dragged at all, entirely willing, and despondently hopeful.
However, it was totally worth it. The movie, although seemingly bizarre and easily misjudged as campy and corny, is actually quite clever and original. Except if you’ve ever seen the lost 80s movie, “My Boyfriend’s Back,” in which case Warm Bodies just seems like a victorious copy-cat of a lackluster romantic comedy about a corpse. A romantic zomedy, if you will.
Because I don’t like writing reviews, I have compiled a list of 10 reasons to go see this movie right now. However, if you live in the New England area you should probably wait till Sunday, as there is snow and stuff.
1) John Malkovich is in it
2) Every joke that you want them to make, but you are afraid they won’t because then they’d be poking fun at themselves, they do.
3) My friend *Debby is convinced there will be a zombie apocalypse. If such is the case, this movie will help us prepare, as well as advise us on its defeat.
4) Analiegh Tipton is both adorable and hilarious.
5) You know you’ve always wanted to see a pretty girl and a zombie make out.
6) What do zombies think about? We no longer have to wonder.
7) Here we learn what happens when zombies progress from plain zombie, to MEGA ZOMBIE.
8) John Malkovich is in it.
9) How many zombies does it take to screw in a light bulb? No just kidding. That’s not a thing. However, you do find out why zombies eat people and what their favorite part of eating the brain is. Useful information.
10) It is not “Twilight” and Kristen Stewart is not in it.