How much do you know about comics? Maybe you’ve grown up collecting comic books…or perhaps you are a fan of the big blockbuster movies, but here are a few things you probably don’t know:
1) In the 1960s, Batman was nearly killed off due to low sales.
2) Superman was originally supposed to be bald and evil. (Maybe this is what inspired Lex Luther?)
3) The word, “zombies” was trademarked by Marvel from 1975-1996.
4) The term, “superhero” was first used back in 1917.
5) Of the three major comic book publishers, Marvel ranks #1, DC is #2, and Image is #3.
6) The most valuable comic book movie fanchises are: Spider-Man ($3.96 billion), Batman ($3.8 billion), X-Men ($3.05 billion), Iron Man ($2.42 billion), and Marvel Avengers (1.53 billion)
This TV season, there are a number of Primetime shows that are based off of our favorite comics. Shows like Gotham and The Flash just entered their second season; Arrow is on season four, while The Walking dead started it’s sixth season. There are also a number of new programs like Supergirl (CBS), Legends of Tomorrow (CW), Krypton (Syfy), and others. It’s time to catch all of the action on DIRECTV…it is how TV is meant to be seen.
We love TV. And there’s no shame in that. TV has become a lot more exciting over the years, and thanks to Netflix, it’s almost too easy to watch what you want when you want. Nowadays you can even get your TV fix when you play online. Microgaming, NetEnt, and a lot of other game providers have partnered up with Hollywood studios to put some of the most iconic TV shows into their slot games. And the results are usually awesome. Take these 5 games, for example.
When you watch this trailer for the new film “Burnt,” it almost comes across as a caricature of movie trailers. With an excellent cast led by Bradley Cooper, perhaps they’ll pull this off, but it seems a bit forced.
AS for drama and cooking, we’ve seen an explosion of cooking content on TV, so perhaps this offers a good subject matter for a new film. We’ll see . . . .
One of the biggest dates in the 2015 sci-fi calendar is nearly upon us! The launch of the new Fantastic Four film takes place on August 6th and it looks to be bigger and better than ever. With a brand new cast and director, the reboot looks to push the boundaries of the previous films in the franchise. Whilst offering the usual action that comes with a sci-fi film, the new installment is a refreshing take on an old classic.